Hello and welcome to the first blog for ThreeSpires Physiotherapy for 2019!! In this physiotherapy blog we will have a look at some of the things that have happened over the last amazing 12 months. 2018 has been a fantastic year for us here at ThreeSpires Physiotherapy and a huge amount has happened to our physiotherapy service so rather than look at everything I thought I would pick out some highlights
1. Growth: Our home visit physiotherapy service covering anywhere within 20 minutes of Lichfield and including areas such as Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Rugeley and Cannock has continued to grow and expand and we have yet again had our busiest year ever. This is a testament to the great service that our physiotherapists provide and how much their service continues to be valued and needed by our patients.
2. New Physiotherapists: As our physiotherapy service has expanded we have needed to recruit more physios to keep up with the demand and also to add to the wide skill set and experience that our practice has. Over the next few weeks I will be doing a series of separate blogs on each of the staff that now work at our practice.
3. New Services: This year as our home visit physiotherapy service has grown we have been able to increase our capacity and offer some exciting new physiotherapy services. Some of which I have listed below
- Staff Training: In September we ran a series of highly successful training sessions at a local care home aimed at helping staff identify and help patients at risk of developing contractures.
- Seated Exercise Class: As part of our commitment to help patients maintain strength and fitness we have begun working with a really great care home in Lichfield to provide seated exercises to their residents. As such we now run a fortnightly seated exercise class at The Spires Care Care Home in Lichfield. This has been a great success and is free to anyone who wishes to attend.
- Care Home Physiotherapy: As our community physiotherapy service has developed we have built up excellent relationships with many of the care homes that we visit. As such we now run a weekly session at The Hawthorn’s Residential Care Home in Aldridge. This is aimed at making sure that residents maintain their mobility and strength and our physiotherapist provides targeted exercises and help to anyone needing it.
- Free Balance Assessments: as part of our wish to give back and contribute to general health and fitness in the local community we are now offering free balance and mobility assessments for anyone living in Lichfield, Burntwood or Sutton Coldfield.
4. A new website: At the beginning of 2018 we decided that it was time to revamp and update our website so that it would better promote and more clearly explain what we offer to prospective patients and clients. I can confidently say that this has been a great success and we are now really proud of how the website looks and runs.
So, I think that will do for a quick summary of our physiotherapy year. There have been a lot of other things going on but to cover everything that has happened to ThreeSpires Physiotherapy in 2018 would mean this blog continuing on to epic proportions.
On behalf of all the staff and physios at ThreeSpires Physiotherapy I would like to wish you all a great and healthy 2019.
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Just fill in the form below and give us a quick idea of your problem/request so that we can be better prepared to help you.